Experience Optimal Oral Health With Regular Dental Exams
Your smile is a reflection of your overall health, and maintaining good oral hygiene is vital to both your well-being and self-confidence. At the core of oral care lies the dental exam – a fundamental practice that goes beyond just checking your teeth.
At Trusted Dental Care, our Wylie, TX dentist, Dr. Fesaha Gebrehiwot is dedicated to helping you maintain a healthy smile with regular dental exams.
What Is a Dental Exam?
A dental exam, also known as an oral examination or check-up, is a routine assessment performed by your Wylie dentist to evaluate your oral health. It involves a thorough examination of your teeth, gums, mouth, and jaw. Dental exams are not only about detecting cavities but also about preventing and addressing a range of oral health issues.
Dental Exam Reviews
"The service starts in the reception area. I was greeted with a smile and was provided very attentive care during check-in. Excellent customer service! The office is very modern-yet comfortable. During my treatment, after neglecting my dental health for years, Dr. G and the team provided me with a thorough check-up and have helped me to get my dental health back on track. The team uses state of the art technology that provides a comprehensive view of your dental health. As new residents to Wylie, my husband and I have found our dentist. Update! 9/2022 Recently, I completed teeth straightening and I have to say… I’m smiling a lot bigger these days! Consistent services and excellent dental care. I love that they know who I am when I walk in even when new employees are up front. That’s a nice bonus."- R.W. / Google / Sep 22, 2022
"They are my go to for dental care, Dr. G is Amazing as well as Jessica and the rest of the crew."- I.A. / Google / Sep 23, 2022
"I’ve always been anxious about Dentist but Amber, Dr. G, and the staff at Trusted Dental Care made it a stress free environment. Best Dental Care in Dallas Hands down!"- N.T. / Google / Oct 05, 2022
"My experience at Trusted Dental Care was great! Dr. G explained everything in great detail and the hygienist, Marian, did a wonderful job cleanjng my teeth."- D.D. / Google / Oct 12, 2022
"Trusted Dental care, Dr.G is very caring and friendly Doctor. He and all his staff are passionate and very knowledgeable. Their office is very clean. I highly recommend this dental care!"- Z.T. / Google / Oct 16, 2022
What Is the Dentist Checking For?
During a dental exam, the dentist checks for a multitude of factors, including:
- Tooth Decay and Cavities: Your Wylie, TX dentist inspects your teeth for any signs of decay or cavities, which, if left untreated, can lead to pain and more serious dental problems.
- Gum Health: The condition of your gums is crucial. Dr. Gebrehiwot examines for signs of gum disease, which, if not managed, can result in tooth loss and impact your overall health.
- Oral Cancer: Early detection of oral cancer increases the chances of successful treatment. Dr. Gebrehiwot examines your mouth, throat, and tongue for any abnormalities.
- Alignment and Bite: Issues with your bite or teeth alignment can lead to discomfort and dental complications. The dentist evaluates the alignment of your teeth and the way your upper and lower jaws fit together.
- Plaque and Tartar: Your Wylie, TX dentist checks for the presence of plaque and tartar buildup, which can lead to gum disease and cavities if not removed.
- Existing Dental Work: If you have dental restorations like fillings, crowns, or bridges, the dentist ensures they are in good condition.
How the Procedure Works
- Appointment: Schedule an appointment with your Wylie dentist. Regular exams are typically recommended every six months.
- Comprehensive Examination: Dr. Gebrehiwot will perform a thorough assessment of your oral cavity, using tools like a mirror and dental instruments.
- X-rays: Depending on your oral health history, X-rays may be taken to identify hidden issues like cavities between teeth or problems beneath the gum line.
- Cleaning: Our experienced dental hygienists will clean your teeth, removing plaque and tartar, and then polish them for a smoother finish.
- Discussion and Advice: Dr. Gebrehiwot will discuss his findings, provide advice on oral care techniques, and recommend any necessary treatments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do dental exams hurt?
Dental exams are generally not painful. The process of a dental exam involves a dentist or dental hygienist thoroughly examining your teeth, gums, mouth, and jaw. This examination is usually done using a mirror and dental instruments, and it doesn't typically cause discomfort or pain.
Are dental X-rays safe?
Yes, dental X-rays are considered safe when performed by trained professionals and using modern equipment. Dental X-rays, also known as radiographs, are a valuable tool in diagnosing and monitoring oral health issues that may not be visible to the naked eye. They provide important information to dentists that can help in developing appropriate treatment plans and ensuring your oral health.
Are dental exams covered by insurance?
Many dental insurance plans cover routine dental exams as part of preventive care. However, coverage can vary widely depending on the type of insurance plan you have. It's important to check with your insurance provider to understand your coverage details and any potential costs you might incur.
What should I do to prepare for a dental exam?
There's usually no extensive preparation required for a dental exam. However, it's helpful to provide your dentist with a complete medical and dental history, including any medications you're taking and any relevant health conditions. This information can help your dentist tailor their approach to your specific needs and potential concerns.
Embrace a Brighter, Healthier Smile at Trusted Dental Care!
Dental exams are not just about having a dazzling smile; they are an essential aspect of maintaining your overall health. Through these routine check-ups, your dentist can identify and prevent oral health issues, ensuring that your teeth and gums stay in their best shape. Remember, a healthy smile is a reflection of a healthy you. Schedule an appointment at our Wylie, TX dental office by giving us a call at 214-702-0446.